Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 2012 ★★★★★

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was honestly one of the best films I've seen this year so far. I'll try to keep this on the short side (yeah right) because I could legitimately go on for days but the bottom line: every aspect of the movie's cast, plot, and cinematography was nothing short of incredible. The visual components of the film reminded me a lot of the style used in Watchmen. AL:VH wasn't based on comic books but it worked.

For some reason I didn't expect there to be an awful lot of blood and gratuitous violence but there was an unlimited surplus of decapitation, bloodshed, and really awesome fight scenes. Speaking of awesome fight scenes... Abraham Lincoln sure knows how to wield an axe. The weapon-play was magnificent and never once did I get sick of seeing Abe flick his axe around.

And like I said, the cast was great... from Dominic Cooper to Rufus Sewell to Marton Csokas. Benjamin Walker, who played Lincoln, was a perfect choice and I really look forward to experiencing his rise to fame. I hope he's recognized for this role because he truly deserves it.

3 Comments

• Haven't caught this yet, but your review communicates all the reasons I can't wait to see it. Have you read the book?

• I actually haven't, I'm ashamed to say. I was always somewhat interested... just never got my hands on a copy. However, now I have way more motivation to get it. You should definitely see it as soon as you can and then let me know what you think!

• It's a quick read. It's not great literature, it's not even really a great vampire book, but it's fun and nicely paradies historical fiction. Hopefully, I'll be seeing the film soon!

Please to comment.