Terms and conditions of use
By accessing and using letterboxd.com (the “Website”), you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”):
- Use: You may only use the Website in accordance with these Terms. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved by us.
- Responsibility: You will be responsible for all activity that occurs as a result of your use of the Website. We disclaim any and all liability (including for negligence) for the content, opinions, statements or other information posted to, or use of, the Website by its users.
- Provision of information: In order to use the services provided on the Website, you must be at least 13 years of age. When you register to use the Website, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Website (“Registration Information”), and to maintain and promptly update your Registration Information in order to ensure that it remains true, accurate, current and complete.
- Community policy: You must be courteous and respectful of others’ opinions, and you must not post unwelcome, aggressive, suggestive or otherwise inappropriate remarks directed at another member of the Website.
- No malicious use: You agree to access the Website through the interface we provide. You must not use the Website for any malicious means, or abuse, harass, threaten, intimidate or impersonate any other user of the Website. You must not request or attempt to solicit personal or identifying information from another member of the Website.
- Removal of content: We reserve the right to remove any content posted to the Website which we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be offensive, objectionable, unlawful or otherwise in breach of these Terms.
- Fees: We may charge subscription fees for the use of certain services offered on the Website (“Fees”). We may change the amount of Fees payable from time to time. We will communicate any changes in Fees, and any changes will only take effect at the end of your current subscription period. If you cancel your account, you will not be entitled to a refund for any Fees you have already paid.
- No illegal use: You may not use the Website for any unlawful purpose, or post any information that is in breach of any confidentiality obligation, copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person.
- Intellectual property: You agree that we own all of the intellectual property rights in the Website. We claim no intellectual property rights in relation to the information or content that you upload onto the Website.
- Indemnity: You indemnify, and will keep indemnified, us against all forms of liability, actions, proceedings, demands, costs, charges and expenses which we may howsoever incur or be subject to or suffer as a result of the use by you of the Website.
- Amendments: We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time, including by changing the amount of any Fees payable for any of our services, and may also add new features that will be subject to these Terms. If these changes are material we will communicate the changes to users, and by continuing to use the Website, you will be taken to have agreed to the changes.
- Use of our logo: Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive limited licence to use our Letterboxd logo when linking to the Website. Please download our logo file here. Each link on the “Media kit” page contains a version of our logo in one of several common formats. You must comply with any instructions that we may give you from time to time about your use of our logo. You must not alter our logo in any way; use our logo in a way that suggests any type of association or partnership with us; use our logo in a way that is harmful, deceptive, obscene or otherwise objectionable to the average person; or use our logo to, or in connection with, content that disparages us or damages our reputation.
- Termination or suspension of accounts: If you do not abide by these Terms, we may terminate or suspend your account.
- Technical support and malfunctions: We will try to promptly address (during normal business hours) all technical issues that arise on the Website. However, we will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of any partial or total breakdown of the Website or any technical malfunctions.
- Governing law and jurisdiction: All users of the Website agree that the laws of New Zealand shall govern and apply to these Terms and each user’s use of the Website, and all users submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts for any matter or dispute arising in relation to these Terms.