The Outlaw Josey Wales 1976 ★★★★

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy.
-Josey Wales

I think Clint Eastwood manages to merge some elements from the classic western with elements from the spaghetti western to create something original. The story itself plays against formula as the main character is almost seeking out death but life seems to not want to leave him alone. It starts out seemingly like a classic western revenge story, and ends up being almost forced redemption.

3 Comments

• I have seen this, but I think it was so long ago and in a time when I just watched films, whereas now I pay attention to details, script, direction, the soundtrack and of course the acting. So coming on this site has made me realise, I need to go back and see these films again!

• It really is great... I didn't even mention how funny Chief Dan George is in this. I think it's probably my favorite Eastwood directed western after Unforgiven.

• I'd agree with you there, second to Unforgiven. It's so very very good and so under rated and under discussed. My only dislike about the movie is Sondra Locke - she annoys me to no end no matter what film she's in - but all in all I'd give it 4 to 4.5 stars.

Please to comment.