Tyrannosaur 2011 ★★★★

God ain't my fucking daddy, my daddy was a cunt. He knew he was a cunt. God still thinks he's God. No-one's told him otherwise.
-Joseph

Paddy Considine's directorial feature film debut... wow. The happy moments in the film are few and far between, but I'm still in awe of the performances by the two leads.

Peter Mullan and Olivia Colman go for broke when portraying these damaged characters. They're able to communicate emotions and character traits in silence with the viewer in a single scene that some movies can't pull off in 2 hours.

It's not exactly an easy film to watch either. There are moments that will make you want to turn away from the screen for the simple fact you're witnessing what feels like a real person falling apart before your eyes. Truly incredible performances by both.

Be warned however, this film has no message behind it really. It's a film about wounded people that possibly make a connection that makes their lives a little more tolerable for a time being. Even though it's a bleak film I wouldn't have wanted to spend the last 92 minutes watching anything else.

8 Comments