How to Train Your Dragon 2010 ★★★½

This review reportedly contains spoilers.
I can handle the truth.

This review reportedly contains spoilers.

A nifty looking film, I was apprehensive about the looks of the dragons going in but soon got use to them.

A well developed relationship between Hiccup and Toothless draws you in and makes you care. It was quite a familiar story underneath but fun all the same.

What I did not quite swallow though was how the relationship between the vikings and the dragons, who had been killing each other for ages, is kinda quickly dealt with at the end. I know the point is made that the dragons were acting a certain way because of a giant uber dragon, but Hiccups and Toothless's relationship is given screen time to develop trust and find out about each other, the other dragons just seem to accept that the vikings are not being mean anymore, so hey we will basically be your pets ... yeah I know niggly aint I? What do you mean its aimed at a younger audience?!?

I was suprised and much liked the fact that Hiccup lost part of his left leg, not many of this type would show the consequence or risk to the main character, it is usualy just displayed on an emotional level.

Good stuff.