The Passion of the Christ 2004 ★★★★★

This review reportedly contains spoilers.
I can handle the truth.

This review reportedly contains spoilers.

I know I'm a little late on board with this movie, but, as they say, "Better late than never." I have to say that I was blown away by this movie. Granted it is from a decidedly Catholic perspective (which works for me, as I am Catholic); but this film could be a GREAT inspiration to any Christian who would like to understand the reality of Christ's passion more fully.
-------
This film depicts the final hours of Jesus Christ, starting from His prayers in the Garden of Gethsemane and His betrayal at the hands of Judas Iscariot. It goes on to show the trials He endured under Pontius Pilate and King Herod as well as the torture and ridicule He suffered in between. Once the death sentence is pronounced, He carries a heavy wooden cross to Golgotha amidst throngs of jeering citizens and horrendous beatings, while a few citizens do what they can to help Him. Throughout this time, we are shown memories from His past with His mother and Disciples, where He gives His teachings. Finally, He is crucified, dies, and is buried, but resurrects from the dead on the third day.

Comment?

Please to comment.