The Adventures of Tintin 2011 ★★★½

Having only picked up this film because it was cheap, I didn't really high hopes for it. At best, I thought it would be a way to pass some time without needing to concentrate too much on anything too hard.

And, although it was quite a nice, simple story, it was actually really fun and entertaining. Funny at times with some very nice animation; I don't necessarily mean the "life-like" cartoon style animation, but overall it just really suited the tone. The opening credits too were fantastic.

It was a story full of adventure, precisely what it should've been, and it made me feel like an idiot for judging it too harshly before I'd even given it a chance. Well worth the 5p it cost me to rent it!

2 Comments

• Enjoyed this one, thought not quite as much as I'd hoped. That may be because I haven't read the original comics, and thus was not well-versed in Tintin lore. :)

• All I could remember about Tintin was the cartoon series. I've never read the comics, although I do have a friend who liked them when he was younger. I just found it more enjoyable than I was expecting.

Please to comment.