One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 1975 ★★★★½

This film was filled with a brilliant cast that performed sensationally, with Jack Nicholson as the lead role delivering sheer perfection to each and every scene creating the atmosphere for the viewer. A phenomenal performance by Nicholson, supported by a terrific ensemble of actors. Milos Foreman created a genuine masterpiece. The correlation and relationship with the characters along with the breathtaking ambiance makes you feel you are experiencing the dealings and events that transpire amongst the institute, your compassion for McMurphy is beautifully juxtaposing to your hatred for Nurse Ratched. For to be entertained and captivated for an entire 2 hours is not usual for me, though they were not some scenes I enjoyed and found a fraction disturbing; it was all a part of the monumental experience. The movie quintessentially depicts the extraordinary and almost abnormal occurrences inside an insane institution at that time. Through much speculation I consider this Nicholson and Forman's best work.

3 Comments