Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2009 ★★★★★

One of my first Blu-Ray purchases, and the very first movie I watched on my Samsung 3D HDTV. Baby ISH talked me into going to see the film when it came out, and I absolutely loved it. Watching at home, in 3D, I loved it even more. It has amazing 3D animation, and a very funny, clever script. The guys who made this (Lord and Miller) now have a big hit with 21 JUMP STREET.

Based on the Ron & Judi Barrett book, and Directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller...film tells a very cute story about a young boy named Flint, whose passion for scientific invention is sadly matched by his constant failure. When he grows up, Flint continues to pursue his dream, despite one failed experiment after another. His inarticulate father, a fisherman and fish store owner...never understands his strange son...yet loves him just the same. With help from his best (and only) friend...monkey named Steve...and determined to make his latest experiment (a machine that turns water into food) succeed...Flint pushes the limit with the town power lines...and achieves a success beyond his imagination...and beyond a full understanding of himself. And with the admiration of beautiful weather girl named Sam Sparks... who warms his heart...Flint quickly goes from being the town loser into becoming the town's hero. Yet, as it often happens with success...things soon spin out of control....What starts out as a fun experiment gone wrong...with hamburgers falling from the sky...turns into a made-to-order dining menu out of your worst nightmare...and it's up to Flint and his friends to save the day...I loved CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS...the animation is fun and whimsical, without being overbearing...and Phil Lord and Chris Miller's screenplay is very funny...with plenty of laughs for both children and adults alike...and yes, the 3D only enhances the fun...I really liked Flint...and loved seeing his character in various relationships...with his father, with Sam Sparks, with the town police officer, and of course with Steve, the monkey. Voices are great, yet I don't care to discuss which name actor played who...because one should experience CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS clean...with a fresh take on the characters and the world it represents...Too often, when one hears about so-and-so performing a voice for an animated character...you can't help but think of that person whenever the character speaks. It's a distraction...which would be a shame for a film like CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS...where you'd be cheating yourself if you didn't catch every second of this excellent movie...

Comment?

Please to comment.