Cowboys & Aliens 2011 ★★★

Perhaps it's because of all the bashing reviews and my really low expectations but I kinda like this one to be honest. It's not a movie I will ever buy and put on my shelf or watch it on a regular basis but I guess it was alright. The story is silly to begin with but what do you expect when you watch a film called "Cowboys & Aliens"?
I didn't really like the concept of the aliens and the CGI in general was rather so-so, but overall, it's an OKAY movie - probably 10 to 15 minutes too long. The actors are doing what they can but they can't really fix a screenplay that takes the thematic at hand way too seriously. With 5 writers (among them Lindelof, Orci and Kurtzman), Steven Spielberg as a producer and Jon Favreau directing, you kind of wonder how none of them noticed that this movie suffered greatly from the dry and one-dimensional script. Especially from Favreau and his tongue-in-cheek adaptation of "Iron Man" you'd expect something different.
Check it out. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Also, it's good to soo that Ford is still up to his game.

9 Comments