Crazy, Stupid, Love. 2011

Ok so I know that everyone is in love with this film and how it was supposed to be a sleeper hit and just one of the year's best. Perhaps we saw 2 different films because I think that this movie was Boring, Vapid, Love.

The plot seemed really contrived with everyone in a single family apparently crushing on those around them and seemed like something out of a Twilight film.

Ryan Gosling, after your performance in Drive, I was willing to give you another chance, but you squandered it in this by being a totally unlikeable character which made it very hard for me to care about you falling for a girl. You have one more chance in 'Gangster Squad', squander it and we're done.

All I hear these days is how Emma Stone is going to be a great big movie star and how she is stunningly gorgeous, really?? Really? On both counts. She was just plain annoying in this one. Please Please Please be better in 'The Amazing Spider-Man'!

Overall I wouldn't say I hated it but it was so boring, stupid, and not funny that I couldn't wait for the film to end....sigh.

3 Comments

• I love Ryan Gosling but this movie bored me to tears. The biggest problem for me was Steve Carrell who played Steve Carrell as he does in almost every film. He was so boring I didn't care what happened to him.

• You make a good point Sam, he's a little bit like Julia Roberts who tends (not always though) play the same character in most movies she's in.

I just couldn't comprehend how many great things that I had heard about this movie and when I finally did see it, it was so boring!!

• Ryan Gosling was pretty much the only reason I liked this movie. I just so happened to watch both this movie and Drive in the same week. I liked Drive far better, and both of these movies together helped me become a fledgling Ryan Gosling fan. I haven't seen any other movies with him in them. The Notebook? Yeah right?

Please to comment.