District 9 2009 ★★★★★

Kinda like Call of Duty with aliens with a touch of Halo.

It's just as awesome as it sounds.

9 Comments

• I like your review because the whole time I was watching this I kept thinking man this would make a awesome video game. It's a great film though that surprised the he'll out of me.

• Interestingly, the director, Neill Blomkamp, is the top of the list for the person most likely to direct the (eventual) Halo movie.

• By eventual do you mean "not happening"?
    Cause it's not happening.

• It'll happen, one day.

• I doubt it.
    Maybe 50 years from now when no one gives a shit anymore.

• A franchise as big as Halo, I'm surprised its taken this long.

• If you think about it, it's probably because anyone attached to it is afraid it's not gonna make any money. I had this same conversation with a friend a few years back and he said that the only people who'll see a Halo movie are fans of the games. No one else. I kinda agree with him. When your target demographic is only so many people, I'm not sure if you'd want to take such a high risk selling it to a wider audience.

• I think budgeting the film is a big problem, but if you consider that Halo: Reach made $200 million on its opening day in the US, then there's plenty of fans out there who will go to the cinema to see a film, with the right marketing anyway.

• Yeah, I guess you make a good point. It's just that there's been so many people attached to the project from Spielberg to Pete Jackson and all of them either had something else to do or didn't want to make some kind of a risk. Let's hope they find the right person commited to the job soon.

Speaking of directors, who do you think should direct a Halo movie?

Please to comment.