Paul 2011 ★★★½

Ever wonder what would happen if E.T. came to Earth and became a foul mouth stoner? If so, this is definitely a film for you.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost prove once again why they make such a perfect duo. The script isn't as clever as their previous efforts (mainly since Edgar Wright did'nt work on this) but they make the best out of what is given to them. Going in to this, I did'nt think Seth Rogen was a good choice for Paul's voice because it's almost too familar of a voice and I thought it would take me out of the film. I was surprised that he really did great work in the role and he manages to work extremely well with the leads. The supporting cast provides a lot of laughs as well, especially Kristen Wiig and Jason Bateman. The CGI on Paul looks amazingly realistic. The film is really funny, mainly thanks to how well that cast work with each other. It's a little predictable and halfway through you get a pretty good idea of how it's gonna end, but it's still very entertaining and pretty fun throughout.

Comment?

Please to comment.