Safe 2012 ★★★★

I had absolutely no expectations for this film. If anything, I expected Transporter 4, which it sorta is on some level. I came out really liking this. Sure it in't without its problems. Most of which you'd expect in the average action film (some bad acting, cheesy dialogue, one suspicious forced product placement scene) but I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. For one thing, some actors do a surprisingly really good job, especially Statham. There's no denying he has the perfect intensity and physique for an action star, but he's a better actor than people give him credit for. If you don't believe me just look at Snatch, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels, or even Mean Machine. The actions are very well done. The director and editor do a great job crafting great scenes in unique ways. Some pretty cool shots; my favorite is the use of a rear view mirror in one particular scene. Good pacing. Surprisingly well constructed and well executed script. All in all, this film was a lot better than I expected it to be and was a lot of fun.

2 Comments