There Will Be Blood 2007 ★★★★★

I usually like to wait a few weeks, and in some cases months, before I give a film a second watch. I like to let a film settle over in my mind a little longer before I re-watch it. However, I just could'nt wait to watch There Will Be Blood again. When I saw it for the first time yesterday, it was such an unbelievably incredible experience that I wanted to relive it as soon as possible. Now, it's just as much of an incredible experience on my second watch as it was on my first watch.

I find it amazing that even though this is 2 1/2 hours, it all went by like a breeze on both watches. It felt like no time had passed and I could'nt help but want more. I noticed things on this watch I did'nt notice the first time. I've analyzed a few things and have come to some interesting conclusions. Everything still feels so phenomenal, especially Daniel Day-Lewis. Everything he does in this film feels so real and speaks loud volumes. When he was in pain, I felt his pain. When he was angry, not only did I feel it, but I was terrified for whoever was in his prescence. Themes of religion, greed, and hatred feel so much stronger in my second watch. Such a powerful film.

Not only is this just as powerful this time around, but I am even more willing to accept it as one of the greatest films ever made.

18 Comments