Sean Byron’s review:
There are many, many reasons to love Chopping Mall. Here are but a few:
- Cult icons Paul Bartel, Mary Woronov, Dick Miller, and Gerrit Graham
- Killer robots that look like oversized accessories for the Nintendo Entertainment System
- The "Circus Tent O' Values"
- Bad 80's music
- "You smell like pepperoni... I like pepperoni..."
- A badass head explosion
- Cult movie posters in the pizza joint and restroom of the Furniture King
- "Klaatu barada nikto"
- Mirrors that reflect deadly laser beams
- Dawn of the Dead references
- Peckinpah's Sporting Goods
- Krush Groove playing in the mall cinema
- Highly explosive house paint
- Angus Scrimm in an unbilled appearance