Runaway 2010 ★★★★½

Kanye West plays himself in a short film where he finds love after a phoenix crash lands into his BMW.

Now, I know for a fact that no matter what I say, no one will take Kanye seriously, after the way the media portrays him, never shinning on his superior moments. I'll also admit that a while ago I wasn't a fan and may have even talked shit about him when he was mentioned or on television or what not, but when he came up with a masterpiece album that basically mixed his best methods from the previous two, I was sold.

West may have moments where he says the wrong thing at the wrong time or brings out books that make no sense, but the fact that he stands behind what he says and puts 100% into all of his projects makes me respect him 110%.

This film is beautiful, though it's not just the story that gave me that butterflies in the stomache feeling I love, it was also the music and the visuals. It amazes me that people let public embarassments get in the way of them seeing someone for their true-self. In this case, a man who's had his heart broken.

No one else makes music the same way he does and I know most will think I'm just crazy in love with him. Truth is, I am. Not love-love, but I do love everything he does and I think he will continue being fantastic and telling wonderful stories for as long as he is physically able to.

This review doesn't say much about the film, I know, but I hope it helps people who decide to watch it, see that he has a heart.

6 Comments

• I'm intrigued.

• I'm glad I got to someone.

• I watched it last night. Overall verdict: it was ok. Some of the music worked really well with what was going on, but mostly I found the images ugly. Your profile pic is the only image I thought was actually interesting or unique, whereas the others were way too manipulated by a computer. Story was ludicrous and Kanye may be one of the worst deliverers of lines I've ever seen. I liked seeing that Selina girl though, after her appearance on Celebrity Apprentice.

• I had a feeling you'd see it that way. Perfectly understandable. I do agree about West's line delivery, thus I took half a star off my rating. Thanks for watching, Davo.

• I loved the film, but after I hear the record, It's my favorite record, I think that if you want to appreciate the film you have to fall in love with My beautiful dark twisted fantasy before.

• I agree with you there. I'd heard MBDTF several times before my first viewing of this. Now I'm just waiting to see Cruel Summer, providing it gets a digital or (hopefully) physical release.

Please to comment.