Fish Tank 2009 ★★★★½

This is what British cinema is all about. I absolutely loved this film. It didn't even give anything away until at least an hour in, and from there on in I was practically on the edge of my seat for the rest of the film.
At some points you knew what was coming, but I was second guessing myself a lot too. There were definitely some cringe worthy moments, but the end was great, and almost brought a tear to my eye.
*semi-spoilers*
You had to despise the mother figure, and your opinion of her boyfriend rapidly reduces as the film goes on, but it's clear to see that some people are exactly as these actors portrayed, and it makes me sick that there are people like that out there.
The lead girl was really good too, and her development of the character throughout was fantastic.
Highly recommended if you want a very true to life feeling film. But be prepared, not everything is life is all sunshine and roses!

3 Comments

• Michael Fassbender pretty good in it. I was on the edge of my seat when she took his daughter.

• The closer she got to the water, the more my heart was racing. There's no telling where the line is, and whether or not it's going to be crossed, but that scene inpaticular was definitely one of the stand out scenes.
    And the embrace that followed it was truly a moment of relief.

• I loved this. Check out Andrea Arnold's other film Red Road. I'm interested in her version of Wuthering Heights too.

Please to comment.