The Dark Knight Rises 2012 ★★★

It was a huge task, following up (arguably) one of the best movies of the last decade. The ending of one of the great trilogies of this generation. The movie event of the year. Christopher Nolan's new film, after the fantastic Inception. Wow, this movie was going to blow my mind. But it didn't. I'm not saying it was a bad movie and that I didn't enjoy it, not at all. There's just too many things that felt wrong to me. Batman not being Batman for a looong time (if you know what I mean), the fist fights between him and Bane were, how should I put it, "not that great". You don't really get a sense of the backstory of Bane till the end, I had liked to know that a little bit earlier so we would care more for the characters. Also, there are a lot of characters in this movie, and although the running time of this movie is close to three hours, I feel there were scenes that could have improved some arcs, and some scenes (or whole characters) that could have been cut.
But enough complaining. There's still a lot to love in this movie. Of course, the action sequences (not the fist fights) throughout the movie, especially the amazing opening sequence. Plus, the new characters (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway) are a joy to watch.
I know there is some controversy about the ending of The Dark Knight Rises. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the film, so let me put it this way: I feel that if we would have just seen Alfred looking up from his newspaper, and that's it, it would have been a better ending.

Comment?

Please to comment.