My Neighbor Totoro 1988 ★★★★★

A movie about the joy of splashing in puddles.

The main character, 10 year old Satsuki says it best in a letter to her sick mother, "Dear Mom. We had such a weird, mysterious, spectacular day."

5 Comments

• Love this film - I can just watch it over and over again and never get tired of it. Full deserving the five stars.

• It's my daughters favourite film. Perfect for watching on rainy or sunny days. In this case, she's got a bit of a fever. The wait in the walk-in clinic was just under 90 minutes, just enough time to watch this for the 20th or so time! aha!

• Brilliant!

• I LOVE Totoro, but it also is the best/weirdest double bill ever to officially grace the big screen.
    It was shown together with Grave of the Fireflies, which is the best (Anti-) war movie (animated or live action) in history.

Have you seen Grave of the Fireflies, Kurt?
    If so, when do you think you're gonna let your kids watch it?

• My kids will not be watching GofFs for a while. My wife's comment: "They don't need to know the intimate horrors of war at their age."

I'm a huge fan of the film --> movieclubpodcast.blogspot.com/2010/09/movie-club-19-grave-of-fireflies-and.html

And I agree, it's a strange double bill. If you put Grave First, everyone is probably too emotionally devastated to continue on to TOTORO, if you put Totoro first, people are going to be positively demolished by GRAVE.

Please to comment.