It Follows

It Follows ★★★★★

I loved it. I really loved it.
It's silly, the characters are beyond stupid, their logic is annoying as hell. Yet, I still loved it.
I will be thinking about this for a long time. It is very chilling and the premise and execution are terrifying.
The film excels in scare factor. It handles the concept on an endless follower very well and the reveals are excellent.
The characters annoyed the hell out of me though. They just didn't seem to understand things the way any normal person would.
Despite stupidity, there was the metaphorical manifestation of STDs which kind of worked. I tried to ignore it because I don't like that stuff all that much.
This film carries the trend of 80's homaging (The Guest, Cold In July) and the score takes many notes from the 'Carpenter Scores For Dummies'. Despite the pastiche, the score is incredible. It is incredibly atmospheric and it is, for lack of a better word, horrifying.
I'm still not sure if Monroe is a great actress. I'm really not sure. I like her but I'm just not sure if she's a great actress. She does star in some great movies though. It sucks that this trend ends with 'The 5th Wave'.

Luke liked this review