Tenet

Tenet ★★★

BACK AT THE MOVIE'S AFTER ALMOST 300 DAYS SINCE THE LAST ONE. FEELS SO GOOD AND REFRESHING BUT NOT THE BEST WELCOME BACK I'D SAY, WAS EXPECTING BETTER.
Watched Tenet at the cinema's finally, obviously it needed a re-watch (cause nolan right.) because bunch of shit went above my head, not gonna lie but it honestly felt like a 2 hours and 30 minutes of physics lecture, (atleast half of it) Nolan should get a noble prize for his contribution to modern day physics.
I genuinely fail to understand what drives him to make films with the 'TIME' thing over and over again, what is the deal? Now hey hold your horses, that guy is a genius, no shit he is. But if you do a thing twice it becomes repetitive. And if you do it multiple number of times it becomes mundane, dull and weary for the Audience. Besides keeping all this aside, it still would be his weakest film. The film lacked to grab my attention because it's ridiculously fast paced with characters changing countries every 5 minutes as if they were switching their clothes. I had a hard time following this film and everything about it and that's me in the second watch.
I still do appreciate what is worth appreciating and there are many aspects to glorify but my favourite part in this film by a mile would be the score. That keeps up the tempo and almost saves the ship from sinking.
Man I so badly wish to see Nolan doing back those thriller's again. Memento, Prestige, The Dark Knight. That's where he finds his mojo.

Akshat Singh liked these reviews