The Godfather

The Godfather ★★★★★

Rating: A+

Watching this movie the day after seeing Casablanca makes me love film even more.

I finally watched this masterpiece and it’s widely held as the greatest of all time, and I fully agree. Although in my opinion it isn’t, it’s still one of the greatest as it’s going to my top 10 of all time. The Godfather is just perfect on every aspect and every level. Between this and Apocalypse Now; Francis Ford Coppola has reached the peak of filmmaking and I don’t think any film director can make a movie this perfect like how Coppola does it anytime soon or even ever.

From it’s iconic opening scene to its strong finish, The Godfather never looses it’s energy in its storytelling throughout. The story was told perfectly, and the entire movie is just brilliantly made and filmed. From the start, The Godfather introduces the Corleone family brilliantly and keeps it intriguing throughout its 3-hour runtime and ending it with wanting to see more from what Francis Ford Coppola has to offer.

Everything in this movie is top notch. The cinematography, acting, characters, screenplay, camerawork, costume design, directing, structure, and flow are all top notch. I’m also surprised I frankly enjoyed this movie. I barely have seen any gangster movies, but I was into this story throughout  so I’m excited to see where the story goes in the sequel.
Marlon Brando and Al Pacino gives an unforgettable performance, and the rest were great too.

The movie is considered the benchmark of American cinema, and I agree. In fact, it transcends that. It’s a movie that’s perfectly made, and has an unforgettable story. It’s one of the greatest movies of all time. It’s not the best of the best, but it’s certainly up there with the greatest I’ve seen. It’s an unforgettable and iconic movie that I will remember for a long time. What a picture.

I’ll think about it further if I should put this movie in my #1 spot, but for now it’s in my top 5.

Also I’m 14 years old rn and I feel like a fully grown man for not being bored with this movie hehe

Your Average Film Enjoyer liked these reviews