aaronkempster’s review published on Letterboxd:
To all of the people that didn’t watch this and are too woke for their own good:
1. This show has the most diverse cast in all of Broadway history.
2. It opened up doors for Hispanic, Black, and Asian actors who were unable to fill other roles on Broadway.
3. It proved the point that you can cast minorities in historically white rolls and it doesn’t suspend the audiences belief.
4. It was written by a Hispanic male who made bank so why are you mad?
5. Hamilton fought against slavery throughout his life.
This show was fantastically crafted and made history as it told a great story from history. It is not romanticizing slave owners or racists and it opened a whole new way to write rolls and opened Broadway to a whole new array of talent. If you don’t understand that check yourself.