Shame

Shame ★★★★★

HOLY-SHOOT

GOD DAMN WHAT AN AMAZING MASTERPIECE

Starting the film I had no idea whether I would like this or not but as the film progressed I adored it more and more.

The film follows an artistic manner and is successful at being a work of art. The cinematography and mise en scene blew me away! Holy crap…the long shots and long durations were shot amazingly. Each one was thought through so well with perfect framing. The camerawork is definitely something I found very pleasing, the long durations definitely pushed this films boundaries and allowed the film to get the reaction McQueen aimed to. The contribution of the satisfying negative colour palette and long takes pushed the film to be visually stunning, in which I can not get over!! The film was so pleasing and stunning!! I honestly recommend this to anyone!!

Michael Fassbender what an incredible actor you are!! Fassbender’s performance was absolutely unreal! The ending sequences were absolutely amazing and his performances tied it all together, I loved seeing him progress further as an actor…wow he is just fabulous!! The scene where Brandon walked in the bathroom, you should of seen how quick my hand slapped over my mouth lmao…McQueen choosing to have this scene silent was the perfect idea…it added to the emotional and shocked response and further allowed us to feel sympathy for Brandon further exploited through the innocent colour palette.

What a stunning film this is…..please go watch it right now.

ALSO I SWEAR MY DAD HAS WATCHED THIS! THE JAZZ CLUB SCENE WAS SO FAMILIAR!

Abbie liked this review