The Avengers ★★★★

There is no review for this diary entry. Add a review?

The movie that was teased in the first ever movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I honestly went into the theatre, expecting a hell of a mess. I was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe it was because it had 5 different movies to set it up beforehand. Or maybe, Joss Whedon was just such a great director. I think its a bit of both. Everyone has enough screen time for you to care and root for each of them. The odd one that I would like to say more about is Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. He spent most of his time in the movie with no character development whatsoever (Trying not to spoil anything here although everyone should've watched this classic by now).

The final battle sequence was amazingly well choreographed. Everyone has their own shining time, and they worked really well together. Hulk, surprisingly was my favourite character coming out of this movie as he was simply hilarious.

Our puny God, Loki was one of the best villain in a superhero movie, heck any movie I would say. His motives are clear, he's smart and he is not a simple minded one dimensional character. Tom Hiddleston was great especially in the scene on the helli-carrier.

Unlike most DC Movies to date, The Avengers felt more like a comic than a movie, which, kudos to the producers, is a good thing. I can go on and on ranting about this legendary movie, but it would be an overly long review. In the end I would just like to say, you can't hate this movie, just like Iron Man (2008), this movie brought new life to the big screen and I can guarantee you that there will be more and more movies of its kind.