In the spirit of encouraging payment in support of the online services we use and love, Letterboxd has a Pro subscription tier in addition to its free membership status (which will always remain available). Pro members get the benefit of several advanced features, including:
- Removal of third-party ads and associated tracking
- Personalized stats pages like these (for each year of activity logged, and for all-time)
- The option to set your favorite streaming services and filter by what’s available on any of those platforms in one go
- Email and/or push notifications when films in your watchlist arrive on one of your favorite services
- Filtering based on one or more lists of the films you own (physically or digitally)
- Filtering of your activity feed by activity type
- Creating clones of your own or others’ lists
- Changing your username (once every 90 days)
Subscriptions are payable on an annual basis through our website (powered by Paddle¹), or through our iOS app using Apple’s in-app purchase option, and renew annually unless cancelled prior. Upgrading via either option covers you for all use of our service, so there is no need to subscribe twice! Pro members are reminded via email when their subscription is nearing its renewal date. If they are not renewed, Pro accounts revert to free accounts on their expiration date.
A Patron tier is also available. This represents the pinnacle of support: in addition to all the perks of Pro, we’ll list you on our Patrons page, your profile is adorned with the backdrop from your first favorite film (if available), your diary entries, reviews and lists also get backdrops, and you’re the first to learn about and test new features. Right now we’re beta-testing the ability for Patrons to add all visible films on a page to a specific list in one go (web only) and we have extra stats components including the list of all-time films you’ve rated higher (and lower) than the community average, and the highest-rated films for each year based on the members you follow.
Letterboxd is 100 percent funded by its founders, and we’d love your support to continue to build the best community of film lovers anywhere in the world. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
¹ Letterboxd is transitioning from PayPal to Paddle for subscription payments, commencing in late April 2021. If you have a previous subscription with PayPal, you will be transitioned to Paddle on your next renewal date. Paddle accepts payment via credit card or PayPal. Once your Paddle subscription is created, you may set it to non-renewing to retain manual control over when you renew, or leave it as auto-renewing and we’ll handle it all when the time comes.