Guardians of the Galaxy

There is no review for this diary entry. Add a review?

Road to Infinity War

I grew up surrounded by comic books and superheroes my whole life. Most of my favorites were Avengers, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Runaways. I knew very little about the Guardians of the Galaxy before this film was announced. In fact, all I really knew about was the existence of Rocket because a raccoon carrying around weapons sounded cool to me. When it was announced, I thought it was an odd choice for them to make right after The Avengers dominated the scene and was seemingly going to be Marvel's moneypit until the end of time. For the next few years, I heard nothing but hype and sudden love for these characters that I knew barely anything about.

This film completely converted me at the time of its release, and I haven't known peace since. I've gotten so emotionally attached to these damn' characters and all their baggage. I love the way this film introduces every character, I love the entire colorful, cosmic aesthetic the film has, I love the soundtrack choices, I love how quietly sad all the characters really are, I love how fast paced it is and how I can watch it no matter what mood I'm in.. I kind of love everything about this movie. Even Ronan as the straight-faced villain works for me. I really love this a lot, and the love still holds up on this infinite rewatch.

Will Thanos top "I will bathe the starways in your blood" in Infinity War? Because that's an all-time great.

AdamSirdoreus liked these reviews