Ted ★★★★

I attended an early screening of this film three weeks before it was released. I did not expect to enjoy the film as much as I did, mainly because I'm not a big fan of Family Guy. I think Seth McFarlane is a cool dude, but his shows just don't appeal to me. I thought this was going to be one long boring episode of Family Guy all over again. But, I was wrong. I had a blast with this. It was hilarious and entertaining from beginning to end. Mark Wahlberg is pretty good in the role, he has a lot of funny moments in the film. Mila Kunis is the usual girlfriend character, but did good and made me laugh so hard I was almost in tears in one scene. But of course, this is Seth McFarlane's film as Ted. He steals the show as the foul mouthed, pot smoking, stuffed teddy bear. The film is very offensive, but I don't get offended by things in films. If I don't like what they present I pass it along, but I never complain about getting offended. It does get a bit inconsistent with laughs when Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg are talking about their relationship, but I overall laughed pretty much the entire way through.