Don't Look Up

Don't Look Up ★★★½

The thing about this movie is that its Not Wrong with most of the commentary and critique it offers about the hellscape in which we find ourselves in, but at the end of the day the larger question I could not escape from asking was "so what is the point of this exercise?" I don't know. This just felt sort of pointless by the end, not just because of how things ended with the larger assessment of where this all is going, but the commentary made in this film just feels like it was made for a very specific segment of people who already know most of this commentary anyways. Am I supposed to stroke this fake beard I put on for the sake of this joke and say "ah yes,,, American politics and capitalism Do In Fact Be Like That?" I really don't know, I just felt exhausted by the end and if the film really wanted to go all out bonkers with the stuff it was dealing with, it should have fully leaned into it going full tilt for 100 straight minutes. Finally, Leo and JLaw truly embodied the dichotomy of tenured professor and Opinionated PhD student, speaking from experience.

Adelaide liked these reviews