Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage

Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage ½

These people do realize that there were nu metal concerts that happened without incident all through the late 90s right? Family values tour? Save the “Nu metal caused the chaos” for the insurance adjusters.

Run this experiment again with any music line up but the same lord of the flies conditions and age demo and you will get the same result.

The doc’s set up is in contradiction with its conclusion. It sets up that Woodstock 69 was marred by many of the same problems 99 had due to lack of infrastructure, but then concludes that nu metal was the issue.

Obviously the connection between the events is it’s amateur construction, made worse in 99 by greed and poor choice of setting. I find this whole doc extremely frustrating because it’s fails to adhere to even its own internal poor reasoning.

Having watched columbine unfold on tv and the moral panic that ensued in its aftermath I can confidently say this doc suffers from the same church lady pearl clutching that permeated the most conservative media of the day.

I hear that if you play Nookie backwards it commands you to get hypothermia.

Adly liked these reviews