Frances Ha ★★★★

'Sometimes it's good to do what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to do it.' - Frances Halladay

I can't really tell you guys why I really liked this movie, but I can easily say that I've just had a wonderful experience with Frances Ha. Basically, I think it is the strong similarity to Llewyn Davis, who may well be my favourite movie character, that was just fascinating me. Just like Llewyn, Frances is stumbling around, looking for a proper job to earn her self a living, she doesn't really know what to do with her self, she's not able to have a serious relationship, and so on. These are all character traits I can really relate to. I think, Frances is simply a wonderful person, and I really enjoyed spending 80 minutes with her and being part of some of the most important stages in her life. Also, I really loved the way this movie was shot, I loved the way it was directed, and I loved its soundtrack. I think, Frances Ha is a beautiful little gem, and it looks like the most wonderful movie Woody Allen has not made.

P.S.: Every time I watch a movie like this, I am catching myself looking jealously at people who are living in New York. I just think that this is such a beautiful city, and I always think about how it might be to live there. I'm glad that there are movies that can provide the feeling of being a part of this vibrant city.

Adrian liked these reviews