Ready Player One ★★★★

Every fibre of my being said I would love this film! It has every book, game, movie and song I ever liked crammed into a blender, thrown onto a screen and directed by the man that made every single film I loved growing up! The opening race was quite possibly the most awesome five minutes ever committed to film and I just want to buy a Delorean and drive around with Hall & Oates playing out loud!

It's not however without it's flaws, there are a few cringe moments, (nobody could possibly fall in love with a complete stranger quite that fast) and the middle section slump can be quite jarring compared to the phenomenal opening race and climactic battle but having said all of that, I am definitely recommending you watch it. There are so many hidden (and not quite so hidden) pop culture references that repeat viewings would throw up new findings. The soundtrack is Alan Silvestri magic (itunes.apple.com/ie/album/ready-player-one-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/13557632950) and the music from the 80's is guaranteed to give you the warm and fuzzies! If you have ever wondered what it would be like for the Delorean from Back to the Future to race the Batmobile, the A Team van, Tron bikes, and "Christine" from the John Carpenter movie all while avoiding being attacked by the T-Rex from Jurassic Park and King Kong then give this a go, if not then your childhood sucked...that is all!!