Paris, Texas ★★★★★

The mirror scene is one of the most brilliant, interesting and emotionally impactful examples of character dynamic ever put to film, if not the greatest. Everything about that scene and the movie as a whole is shot beautifully. From contrasting colors of green and red/orange, to luscious American landscapes and overwhelmingly beautiful framing and tracking. It’d be a crime not to mention the performances across the board here, but especially Harry Dean Stanton. He was absolutely superb, one of the best performances I’ve seen in recent memory.

It’s hard to put into words exactly what I want to say but I can say Paris, Texas is one of the most moving films I’ve ever seen. A film about loneliness, love and loss, sacrifice and the idea that not every plan in life can or will come to fruition. Set over a strikingly gorgeous backdrop of American landscapes with a perfectly fitting soundtrack, stellar performances and captivating writing, Paris, Texas examines the American human condition and the emotional culture or fabric that runs deep through us all, like the infrastructure of a human-being

10/10