Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion ★★★★★

This is gonna be more of a review of the series as well as this film so read it if you want to but if you don't that's cool too.

This show is perfect, like genuinely perfect in every way, there is no other way to describe it. I started it just over a month ago and it's been pretty much all I've thought about since then, I just could not get it out of my mind. That could sometimes be for better or for worse because while the mere thought of the show and characters put a smile on my face, I couldn't help but think about what was to come and what would eventually happen.

I think the second half of the series is vastly superior to the first, though that's mostly because the first half kinda just feels like "big robot fights big monster" without a whole lot else. But then the second half hits and it just changes everything you thought you knew and bruises and batters you until you're just a hollow shell of your former self. If you haven't noticed this show kinda broke me. I think the best episode is 18 because it hits so freaking hard and it absolutely shattered me dude, I have not been the same since. The finale is kinda wacky and I think I prefer this as a finale but having both is pretty good too.

Now moving swiftly on to the film at hand, it's very good, What more can I say? I honestly don't think I can elaborate at the minute because it was so bat shit insane that I haven't fully processed it yet, I'm sure I'll get there eventually, it might take a while but I assure you it'll happen one day. Like... what on earth? I'm completely taken aback and in awe that someone could make such a masterpiece. Truly cinema at its finest.

Ps. The credits in the middle was odd

Pss. Misato is possibly the greatest character ever and I'm in love with her

Pass. Not as good as Community but then again what is

Teddy liked these reviews