Under the Silver Lake ★★★★★

Oh my good lord this film’s distribution has been fucked, absolutely no idea why, it clearly has an audience - Me! (and others who like real weird shit).

Other than that I’ve been wanting to watch this for, what, about a year now? And then it appeared on MUBI, and lucky for me, I’m a film student so I get it for free! So I’ve been excited for this for a long time... and it definitely did not disappoint. This is exactly my kind of film, everything about it shouts to me - its got crime, comedy, weird shit - everything. Tbh I don’t even know where to start when talking about this film because I pretty much loved everything about. It’s a really nice looking film (much like It Follows), the performances are mostly great (especially Andrew Garfield’s), and I literally couldn’t take my eyes off of the screen. One notable mention - The Piano Scene, holy shit!

Despite the shit marketing and distribution for this great film, I loved it and I can’t wait for more from David Robert Mitchell. It also just makes me want to make things like this - inspiring, literally inspiring.

Edit: Also I can’t believe that Nintendo allowed their stuff to be in a film like this

Teddy liked these reviews