So simple yet so incredibly effective.
Such is the Reichardt way.
This film commits the same crime almost every film that stars Mary Elizabeth Winstead commits: not having enough of Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
Flavours of Bong Joon-Ho’s Snowpiercer, but vertical.
TIFF 2019’s Midnight Madness winner is innovative, brutal, darkly comical, and alarmingly relevant. It may challenge you ethically; it might manage to make you laugh in between gasps of shock and horror. A film of big ideas served with simple, minimalist execution.
If directors were cam girls
Ridley Scott: not sure if tonight’s show will be good but stick around to find out, you never know!
Burton: with me tonight are returning guests Helena and Johnny
Chazelle: jazz for me baby
Wes Anderson: *attempts to stay center-frame at all times*
Shyamalan: watch until the end. it’ll be worth it, I promise. ;)
Guadagnino: this’ll be another long one, we’ll be streaming Tilda sun comes up
Edgar Wright: with me tonight are returning…
1. “Take My Breath Away” 4:17 | Berlin
2. “Toxic” 3:19 | Britney Spears
3. “Get Another Boyfriend” 3:05 | Backstreet Boys
4. “Jump” 4:02 | Van Halen
5. “Country Pie” 1:37 | Bob Dylan
6. “U Can't Touch This” 4:16 | MC Hammer
7. “One Dance” 2:54 | Drake
8. “Dancing Queen” 3:50 | ABBA
9. “Crying in the Club” 3:36 | Camila Cabello
10. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” 3:13 | Taylor Swift