Halloween ★★★

I get it, this film inspired an entire generation. I would give anything to travel back in time and see this for the first time with a group of friends during it's first run in the theatre. This film was ground breaking for so many reasons. It was the first of its kind, it was on a shoestring budget, John Carpenter was only 30 when it filmed, the women aren't portrayed as completely helpless and weak (get me a beer), the score is perfect, Jaime Lee Curtis becomes a star, so on and so forth. All that to say, it's ... fine.

Upon this rewatch I noticed how bare bones this movie is. There is not much of a story besides, "Michael is crazy, he escaped, came back to his hometown and kills people". Sick. Some would argue that's why it's so good, I think in this instance it leaves a bit to be desired.
Also, let's be real for a minute. The acting isn't good for the most part. It's like they were reading their lines for the first time. There were points where I covered my eyes and wished they'd stop talking. Curtis was good though, so there's that.

Favorite part of the movie is when Loomis is going all over Haddonfield in search of Michael, and little does he know Michael drives past him in the background. I laughed so hard at this part because all I could hear was Yakety Sax playing in the background. And all I could picture was Loomis chasing Michael through a set of six doors.