Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy ★★★★★

WOW! just WOW! Has there ever been a more entertaining film? Probably not! I LOVED this film, everything about it is just perfect. So well balanced, when you need a bit of humour, it pops up, when you need a bit of blood pumping action, there it is!
I have never laughed so much at a film, just classic rib tickling humour that leaves you in fits of giggles. When you think there is going to be a cheesy bit, like a kiss between the two main characters, the film steers away from it at the last moment and replaces it with a humorous joke, as if they are mocking other films.

The cast, again the only word to describe them is WOW! A fantastic group of well rounded characters that all compliment each other superbly. There is no annoying or pointless characters, they all bring something special to the story line which is rare in the film industry nowadays.
It is so difficult to single out one performance but Chris Pratt deserves so much credit. I had barely heard of the bloke before this year and in the matter of a couple hours he has become one of my favourite actors. He makes Star Lord his own, you completely forget you are actually watching an actor.
Now, I never would have thought i would ever watch a film that could rival Inglorious Basterds as my favourite film of all time but for me this film is definitely on the same level.
I admire director and writer James Gunn for the work he did on this film, he has created a pure masterpiece that everyone will love, now and for years to come.

Big Al liked this review