Singin' in the Rain

Singin' in the Rain ★★★★★

The greatest musical ever! A musical that’s also a drama and a romantic comedy. The gorgeous set pieces and musical and dancing numbers! The story, one that’s reminiscent, and in turn romanticizing, of the Hollywood of the late 1920s, specifically around 1927 with The advent of synchronized sound into film! Such a great story! A great way to get an idea of how films were made at the time with “ice boxes”, which were soundproof rooms used to house the loud cameras so that they could get the sound needed for the picture! Even looking at the sets of the films within the film are great. Makes me wish I could have lived the moments in the film! My favorite musical numbers are “Singin’ In The Rain”, “All I Do Is Dream if You” and “Fit as a Fiddle”. So inconic, memorable and uplifting! Choreography overall is fantastic and something that all musicals can aspire to! I’m not much of a dancer but this film makes me want to get up and dance (or at least try)!!!

If I remember correctly, I first watched this on the big screen for a History of American Film class at UCLA!

Do not deprive yourself of experiencing this film!

Block or Report