The Blair Witch Project

The Blair Witch Project ★★★★

Hoop-Tober #2

The Blair Witch Project is a classic by now in horror history. It started a genre. And I have to admit that even if I hate that specific genre, this was a really good movie.

The first 30 minutes were really off for me. The movie wasn't sure where it was going and even if the build up was fine, nothing of interest was really happening.

But just like with The Witch, once things started going down, shit got serious! There was no jump scare or cheap thrill. In fact an average horror watch who is scared with movies like The Nun and all that shit, won't be scared with this movie.

This movie is scary for the fans of psychological horror. Weird and maybe supernatural things happen, but that is never made clear. You don't learn what is causing all this and that is what adds to the horror.

Also you are seeing three people slowly going mad. They start off like real people and end up slightly insane! They start loosing any hope and that turns leads them one step from being totally psychos. They don't know what is happening, why it is happening, who is causing it and they are fucking scared and that is shown so well!

I have to admit that this movie has incredible acting! When this was first released almost everyone thought it was real and that makes sense, because the leads are amazing! They give sooooo good performances!

Honestly I recommend it and I never expected to say that!

A-