The Death & Life of John F. Donovan ★★★★

Similar to My Blueberry Nights, The Death & Life of John F. Donovan is the first English-speaking movie of a really acclaimed foreign director that is considered their worst and I really love!

I enjoyed the hell out of this film. I started this last night pass midnight and I was dead tired and I saw almost the whole thing. It just kept me so enticed to the story and the characters, that I just couldn't help but love this.

First of all I loved the direction. Its shots are beautiful and the way the camera is pointed is just perfect! The acting is amazing also. Natalie Portman gives another beautiful performance, Jacob Tremblay once more proves he is a young talent and Kit Harrington is really great too. He shows a lot of pain in many scenes and I really enjoyed his subtle, but powerful performance.

Now story wise I enjoyed the hell out of this. In just a few scenes it perfectly shows the characters, what the stand for, how they react and how they connect. And the way each character changes the other and visa versa is just so perfect and so well done. Now I can admit that at points characters might take a really stupid decision and while yeah it ain't that well made, I always am ready to follow my suspension of disbelief, especially if the movie has really touched me.

I really loved this movie and damn Dolan knows how to choose the closing song for his movies! Mommy, It's Only the End of the World, this. Just perfect choices! Give this a chance.

A-