Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad ★★

The tagline for the movie is "Worst of the worst." That's pretty close for the review as well.

I've been excited to watch this movie ever since I saw the trailer for the first time. Will Smith, super villains, Cara Delevingne & Margot Robbie, a new Joker. But it was a complete disappointment. Not saying it wasn't entertaining, but it did not reach the potential it had. There was a lot of wasted time early in the movie.

The plot was awful. Guess what the biggest problem was? A giant beam of light that shot to the sky that was going to destroy the world. Just like every other movie. Acting was fine, not great. Will Smith was solid, as usual, but others fell flat. Viola Davis' role was so bland and annoying. Margot Robbie did a good job for the script. She was pretty much the main comic relief for the film. What was so strange to me was the little amount the Joker actually appeared. For the past year, the movie has been hyping the Joker up and then they barely include him. He's also not an integral part of the plot. For the parts he is in, it seems forced. Like "here's the Joker", now wait another forty minutes for him again. And after all that, I thought Leto's portrayal was underwhelming. I expected him to captivate and make those moments he was on the screen the best of the movie. Instead, they ended up being some of my least favorite.

Overall, this is a movie that was bearable to watch with some funny parts, but an absolute let down. It'll be a while before I watch it again.