Magnum Force ★★★★½

A solid sequel to the first Dirty Harry film, Magnum Force is also one of the best films in the series. Harry Callahan is on the trail of a bunch of crooked cops who take the law into their own hands. The story is excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Magnum Force is a near flawless film that shouldn't get the flack it deserved. Dirty Harry Callahan delivers and thats all that matters. Magnum Force has one of the best story lines in the film franchise, and I thought that Callahan going against vigilante cops was brilliant idea for a film. I thought that Callahan had a slightly bigger challenge this time around due to the fact that he's taking on a band of vigilante cops that are just as tough as he is. The strength of Magnum Force is the fact that Harry Callahan is against his own kind. I thought that made all the difference, and made the film something special. Magnum Force is a prime example of a thrilling action film. The film for me, at least is one of the sequels that I've seen, and it's simply intense. Magnum Force is a well crafted film that delivers. The acting and story are solid. There are more good things going for this film than bad. The film is a roller coaster ride from start to finish. Clint Eastwood is in top form. This follow up the phenomenal Dirty Harry builds up on the action of the first film, and retains all the elements of the first, and amplifying them to a whole new level. Magnum Force is a fine sequel, and aside from Sudden Impact, is my favorite Dirty Harry film of the series. Magnum Force is a sequel worthy of the Dirty Harry name, and it furthers the point of Dirty Harry being one of the most bad assed characters in film history.