Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 2: Judgment Day ★★★★★

While watching this I kept thinking
THIS IS BRILLIANT!
Had not seen in awhile and was doing a comparison of which is better part 1 or 2.

The first thing that came as a surprise for me this time was, I spotted an actor and actress that also appeared In Near Dark. I Guess Kathryn Bigelow and James Cameron were sharing more than a bed!

Linda Freaking Hamilton Rocks in here. <---Captain obvious statement.

While part 1 has questionable acting, the weakest link in this is Edward Furlong. I know he is young here, but some of his acting is so cringy and I like Edward Furlong. The most awesome line in this movie is when he says "Miles Dyson, she’s going to blow him away!" I had to rewind a few times as its just hysterical. I don’t know how Cameron let that slip, but I am so glad it stayed in. If you own T2 its worth putting it in to hear that line around the 1:20 min mark.

John should have also had some kind of emotional response when the Terminator tells him his step parents are dead.

That dream sequence Sarah has seemed much more creepier this time, really disturbing with kids turning to ashes. Now that’s a scary dream.

Effects still look awesome!
STAN WINSTON WAS BRILLIANT!

You know that famous touch down stance they always use in movies when an invincible character falls from a high place. When Arnold first comes from the future he's sort of kneeling like that. I wonder if he was the first person to do that. Oh you know what I’m talking about think Blade or Underworld.

I don't think I ever noticed John was playing Missile command at the arcade, foreboding. since it was a missile attack that got 3 billion people decimated day 1 of the war against the machines, also showing his role as a protector.

Anyways despite a few flaws
THIS IS BRILLIANT!

There are a few things on part 1 I liked better, those Future scenes for instance. I thought Arnolds movements were a bit more robotic on part 1. I’m going with part 2 overall.

Americanguy liked these reviews