Pokémon Detective Pikachu ★★★★

LOOK. I WANTED TO GIVE THIS 5 STARS BUT I'M BARELY HOLDING MYSELF BACK.
STAY WITH ME HERE. I WAS NEVER A HUGE POKEMON FAN WHEN I WAS A KID. I KNOW, WEIRD. BUT. I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THIS.
let me turn off all caps but i'm genuinely so!?!? flabbergasted by this movie, it's like KILLING me right now. it is Very stupid at times, and mostly in the beginning you can see how the screenwriters are trying to make this as simple as they can for kids, which makes the movie look like it's talking down to you, but WHATEVER. there are REAL pokemon walking around, they were GREAT, and the story for this is really engaging??? i might have said "movie of the year" out loud at least five times, all of them unironically. it was so predictable but at the same time this movie had some really clever twists. i know they're probably the weakest parts of the movie but i loved tim and lucy, they're fun and i liked them.
also there's a scene where lots of shit is going down and everyone is PANICKING but they're also SCREAMING for psyduck to calm down so it won't explode, while running and freaking out, and i felt that in my soul.
anyways, i might go ham and change this to it's rightful rating of 5 stars but for now i will try to maintain my little dignity. i'd give everything up to live in this movie, goodbye

amy liked these reviews