The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ★★★★

Fucking retarded. And yet, completely awesome.

This movie really scared me and scarred me when I was in 5th grade and saw this for the first time. To this day, one of my worst fears is being hit in the head/face with a hammer. When I watch this movie now, it's just good, campy fun... though there's still some pretty whacked out rough stuff in here.

Tom Savini's gore is fantastic - particularly the close-ups of Grandpa and Chop Top. And I love the set design of the clan's layer. That endless hallway of random lamps and lightbulbs with dead bodies all over the place set up in various sort of vignettes (like camping trips or walks on the beach or whatever) is a golden place for slash horror.

But there is some seriously hilarious parts too. I think my favorite part of the movie is Dennis Hopper going to the chain saw store - yes, a chain saw store and then going nuts while trying out the various weapons he might purchase.

Then of course the Chainsaw fight at the end with an extra long chainsaw sticking all the way through Leatherface's torso as he continues to do battle.

The whole thing is brilliant!