Parasite ★★★★★

Parasite is a tragicomedy film that offers a brilliant mixture of drama, comedy and thriller. The screenplay was written with detailed and intentional elements in almost everything that written in it, such as the location, buildings, status, jokes, ladder (??, but it's one of the most important symbolism in the film) and other things what would swarm around the plot to bolster every amusing actions into a capitalism calamity.

There are a lot of metaphors in this film, but Bong Joon-ho wasn't overwhelmed by those metaphors to convey his point — nevertheless, he reinforced his idea with clearer yet gentle touch of splendor towards the end to make everything looks sturdy.

Bong Joon-ho's Parasite uses 'Parasites' to tell the decay of humanity in a social hierarchy that created a notion that our society is unwell and flimsy because of social classes. The story draws a convenience of living by natural emotion in a social positions that give birth to a contrary point of good and bad, but this film eventually reveals the brilliant ironical conclusion that stretches over the contrary point that has been given to the audiences.

The wrapping between the screenplay and the direction is very interesting yet brilliant. The last movie that bought me a deep thought-provoking comedy was my favourite movie, American Beauty and then this film came to me, and i was in awe along the particular actions of Parasite. Bong Joon-ho is extremely succeeded in delivering this roller coaster of emotion in this smart tragicomedy that barely exist in our society.

If audiences don't dive into a deeper surface of Parasite's true motive of it's comedy and symbolism, you'll never unlock the true delight the movie offered.

M a s t e r p i e c e