Jason Nash Is Married

Between the handful of positive comparisons this film's elicited to Henry Phillips' PUNCHING THE CLOWN (which is a gem, by the way) and the fact that its cast list looks like a who's who of everyone I love in the Los Angeles comedy scene, I was legitimately crushed that I hated almost every second of this.
The script is constantly hampered by meandering improvisations and abrupt tonal shifts from bro-comedy to hack showbiz satire to (ugh) completely unearned angst.
I'm all for amateur filmmaking, especially from performers as talented and funny as Jason Nash, but there's a distinction between being hilarious on stage and being funny on screen. Filmed comedy requires, at the very least, a firm grasp of framing and editing that Nash and his collaborator Ravi Subramaniam overwhelmingly lack.
Seemingly shot on your dad's 15 year-old camcorder and cut together at random, such basic technical inadequacies undercut Nash's handful of actual funny, inspired ideas.
I usually reserve a lot of good will for the passion projects of performers I respect and enjoy, but this is a fucking mess.