Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day ★★★★★

Part of A Film A Day
Part of Essential Films To Watch

Thanks to @Garrison Fox and @John Lees for finally getting me to watch this film.

"I don't deserve someone like you. But If I ever could, I swear I would love you for the rest of my life."

Why had I not seen this film over the years? That's a question I can't answer.This is Harold Ramis' masterpiece. From the first shots of the film, to the end credits, I was completely absorbed into the film. It's a perfect blend of fun, entertainment, charm, comedy and romance. To me, this is the perfect film. I couldn't find any distinct flaws in it.

Bill Murray represents his transformation of character perfectly; my god, what an amazing performance. The extremes of pessimism and optimism are both presented, and portrayed magnificently by Murray. The chemistry between Andie MacDowell (Rita) and Murray (Phil) is astoundingly fun to watch; it makes the film just that much better.

I can't even express how much I love this film. From the performances, to the music choices, I found it to be an undeniably fun ride, and the film presents itself as one that can be watched over, and over again. It's surely one of my favourites.

Anthony liked these reviews